TEDxCSU 2016 will take place on March 5th from 11:00am- 5:00pm in the Lory Student Center Theatre on the Colorado State University campus.
TEDxCSU 2016 will feature 10 live talks as well as interactive exhibits where innovators and audience members can engage in the spreading of ideas. Speakers for the event are (in no particular order):
- Ashley Wylde– The Gender Tag: Authentic Gender Expression
- Bryan Dik, Ph. D.– How to Find and Live Your Calling
- Elizabeth Sink– Interfaith Cooperation: An Invitation for All Beliefs
- Janet Seahorn, Ph. D.– Understanding PTSD’s Effects on Brain, Body, and Emotions
- Jennifer Barfield, Ph. D.– Bison Conservation
- Jennifer Harman, Ph. D.– Parental Alienation
- Jessica Witt, Ph. D.- Vision is Action-Specific
- Lisa Wickman– The Importance of Studying Sharks
- Monica Rivera– Body Sovereignty and Kids: How we can cultivate a culture of consent
- Xajés Martinez– Rethinking the Power of Words
Tickets Sales and Event Registration:
Tickets for the event will go on sale on February 15th at www.csutix.com. Tickets for the event are $5 for CSU students (with student ID) and $30 for community members. Please show ticket and ID the day of the event.
We encourage you not to print your ticket once purchased. We will have a list of attendees at the event registration desk (Lory Student Center Box Office), so please have a photo ID with you. Registration will begin at 10:00 a.m. at the Lory Student Center Box Office. It is located on Level 200 of the Lory Student Center at Colorado State University.
Transportation and Parking:
For TEDxCSU attendees, The MAX will be available for transportation to and from the event. Bicycle racks are also available by the Morgan Library and the Lory Student Center, if you choose to bike to the event.
Free parking will be available in the Morgan Library Lot on the Colorado State University campus. Due to construction, the Morgan Library Lot can be accessed from Shields.
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. Event Registration
- 10:30 a.m. Doors open
- 11:00 a.m. – noon First Session
- Noon – 1:15 p.m. Intermission*
- 1:15- 2:15 p.m. Second Session
- 2:15- 3:30 p.m. Intermission*
- 3:30- 4:30 p.m. Third Session
- 4:30- 5:00 p.m. Closing Conversations
*Intermissions will include appetizers and beverages as well as entertainment and time to engage with other audience members, speakers, and innovators.
For more information please visit:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TEDxCSU
- Website: https://tedxcsu.wordpress.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/tedxcsu
TEDxCSU is a licensed event authorized by the TED Conferences LLC. TEDxCSU is a Colorado State University Organization.